User not in assign drop down list

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2016

Hi all,

I have an unusual one.  When assigning a user an issue, I can click on assign and there is a drop down list that say "All Users" and the given user is not in there.  I can start typing his name and assign him the issue no problem.    My user is complaining that for some reason he is not in the drop down list.  I have ensured that he is in the assignable user permission and can assign him the issue, he is just not in the scroll list.

I was wondering is anyone knows where JIRA is building that list from?

Thanks,

Robert

1 answer

1 vote
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2016

Not all users can displayed in the list. The list is filtered as you start typing their names.

Ravi

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2016

Right but without even typing any characters there is a an [ All Users] selection which list every user in the company but that one.  It is all done through LDAP, and I am sure it has something to do with that.   That is why I was wanting the code/procedure that creates the list.  The recently accessed does work and after finding the user once he appears there, and that is enough for my user.  Was really more of a curiosity so I can know the tool even better.

Suggest an answer