User count for license

We are planning to move to jira soon.

For example: we have 9 developers, 16 projects and 30 client users in this projects.

Question: how many users will be counted in license?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote
Ignacio Pulgar Community Champion Nov 22, 2016

If all projects are for software development, you will need 39 JIRA Software user licenses.

If some projects are for maintenance (incident management, subject to SLAs you are supposed to be able to report on...) then you will need Service Desk (lowest tier), and customers who only need access to the Service Desk customer portal do not need a license.

30 clients - they need to only create tasks for our dev team.

Ignacio Pulgar Community Champion Nov 22, 2016

If you are looking for the monthly payment plan, you may choose between:

• up to 3 Service Desk agents tier + up to 10 JIRA Software users tier = $20 USD / month
    (customer accounts are free on this option) (you may optionally add Confluence for 10 users for $10 extra per month, which I'd recommend)
  • up to 50 JIRA Software users tier (used by developers and customers) = $300 USD / month

Ignacio, can you tell me, how to create custom fields to task? (for example Deployment time)

I've checked https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/13411195, and still can't figure out, how to implement it.

Ignacio Pulgar Community Champion Dec 06, 2016

Do you mean that you would like SLA timers to be viewable by customers through the customer portal?

No, I mean, add additional time-filed in this places:Снимок экрана 2016-12-07 в 12.26.27.pngСнимок экрана 2016-12-07 в 12.27.25.png

Ignacio Pulgar Community Champion Dec 06, 2016

I'm afraid that Time Tracking fields cannot currently be shown in the customer portal.

For our clients, they only need to see project overview/status and ticket status. However, we'd like them to login in order to see that information. Will those client logins count against our license?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Calling all developers––You're invited to Atlas Camp 2018

Atlas Camp   is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain  from the 6th -7th of   September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...

70 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you