Use the Project description for sensitive data

Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2016

Hello,

we are thinking of storing some keys needed for an addon in the project description.

The information stored there is okay to be viewed by admins and project managers, but should not be seen by normal users.

I did a brief scan and couldn't find a way to see the project description anywhere else than on project administration.

Did i miss any spots?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2016

All users with browse-project can see it on the project summary (I've got a feeling it comes out in some reports and there's a couple of places you can hover over the project name and get it in a tooltip as well)

3 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2016

I guess that project properties is better storage than the description. Please check: https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/server/com/atlassian/jira/project/ProjectPropertiesManager.html.

Also consider adding your table via Active Objects. In most cases it's better to control own data.

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2016

Always glad to award you some points smile How do you guys find the time to help us?

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2016

Tough work but somebody has to do it smile.

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 30, 2016

I checked the manager but its not in the public API. how do i use it?

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 30, 2016

Please double check. It's part of the jira-api. Just checked this inside of the addon that does NOT have jira-core dependencies:

image2016-12-1 11:3:36.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events