Upgrading to JIRA7, are my other Atlassian products (older versions) will keep working? (Stash, Crucible/Fisheye, Confluence, Bamboo)

Yan January 12, 2016

When testing the upgrade of JIRA7 on our server, I noticed that some (if not all) my JIRA plugins required to be upgraded due to changes to the JIRA API.

So now, would the upgrade to JIRA7 would require the upgrade of the following Atlassian products:

• Stash 3.6.1
  • FishEye/Crucible (3.6.1)
  • Confluence (5.6.3)
  • Bamboo (5.8.1)

It is planned to upgrade them all at some point of time, but at the moment I need to identify what is required.

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2016

They should continue to work fine. There might be changes due to licensing changes in JIRA 7 though.

For example, if you are moving users to JIRA Core, as opposed to JIRA Software, they won't see the development panel, which is a major integration feature. Be aware of changes like that.

Yan January 12, 2016

I thought so too, but wish I could use the wording "will continue to work" as opposed to "should continue to work" when I will be pushing the JIRA7 upgrade to our production environment...

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2016

Testing helps ;) For example, there can be third party plugins in your environment that depends on a specific version of Stash, who knows! Chances are less though.

Yan January 12, 2016

I understand and fully agree with you. My major concern is that I don't administer our Stash system, don't have the proper support for it and I don't have a lower environment for it either. I think I should see these as individual systems that will still work independently after upgrading to JIRA7 but could have interoperability problems that I will address separately. Regards,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events