Upgrading Jira

MIS team February 9, 2016

Good Afternoon,

Will there be any data/configuration lost if I delete the ScriptRunner plugin and downgrade to an older version. I misclicked and the application installed the latest version. I can review upgrading to a paid version but I need to go through the proper channels before that happens.

Also will the latest free version work on JIRA 7.0.9?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2016

No, the data will be untouched.  If you've updated any of your scripts or config, it might not be compatible with the lower version, but the data will be there for you to change.

The free version doesn't support anything past JIRA 6.4 (and won't work at all on 7)

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2016

That's correct, except that everything should be compatible with the lower version, although as you did not tell us which version you upgraded from it's hard to tell. If it was 3.x you should be fine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events