Upgrading Jira from 6.1.4 to 7.0

Ivan Tejeiro October 27, 2015

Hellow:

I am with a problem upgrading JIRA from 6.1.4 to 7.0.

The upgrade process is complete correctly, but when I enter to site, the error is the next:

Exception thrown during upgrade: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException: while inserting: [GenericEntity:ReindexRequest][requestTime,2015-10-27 17:28:49.213][completionTime,null][startTime,null][executionNodeId,null][id,10000][type,DELAYED][status,PENDING] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO reindex_request (ID, TYPE, REQUEST_TIME, START_TIME, COMPLETION_TIME, STATUS, EXECUTION_NODE_ID) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) (Duplicate entry '10000' for key 'PRIMARY'))
com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException: while inserting: [GenericEntity:ReindexRequest][requestTime,2015-10-27 17:28:49.213][completionTime,null][startTime,null][executionNodeId,null][id,10000][type,DELAYED][status,PENDING] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO reindex_request (ID, TYPE, REQUEST_TIME, START_TIME, COMPLETION_TIME, STATUS, EXECUTION_NODE_ID) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) (Duplicate entry '10000' for key 'PRIMARY'))

I am desesperated, I probe to uninstall all plugins in versión 6.1.4 and after upgrade and appear the same error.

Can somebody help me please?.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote
basvanbeek November 6, 2015

I had the same issue. For me the reason was I was trying to upgrade a previous failed upgraded mysql database.

The solution was:

• restoring the JIRA 6.x database
  • Run the upgrade again from shell

Now its rebuilding the indexes fine.

0 votes
Ivan Tejeiro November 9, 2015

Thanks Bas van Beek, I upgrade to 6.2 and after to 6.3, 6.4 and finish 7.0 and all perfect.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer