Upgrading JIRA 4.3 to 7 and Migrating

Reece Thompson April 7, 2016

We are currently using a stand alone version of JIRA 4.3 and Confluence 4.1.2. and wish to upgrade to the latest versions of JIRA and Confluence but on the Atlassian cloud. 

The new versions need to have all the data from Confluence however JIRA will only need a selection of past data. We are also planning to keep JIRA 4.3 as a historical archive.

Is this possible and what is the most efficient way to do this? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2016

Your data is going to be too old to import directly in to Cloud, so, I would

However, on the Confluence side, you also have the option of simply exporting the spaces you need to xml and directly importing them into Cloud as individual spaces.  You might not need to do much upgrading if you do that.

kuldeep rathi December 11, 2018

Thanks from your input my post... we want to upgrade JIRA version but on our server only not on cloud. 

Can you pls help me out to know about that, currently we are using JIRA version 4.3 on our server with 100 user license. Can we add some additional 150 user in same environment via purchasing user license?

Thanks 

Kuldeep

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2018

The original question was about Cloud, but most of what I said still stands.  Upgrade through the given steps.

Your licence is a separate question - yes you can jump to 250 users, before or after upgrade (the licence will work from Jira 4.0 through to 7.latest, and I suspect 8.x as well, when that is out, although I've not tried it with the EAP)

Suggest an answer