Upgrade from 3.13 to 7.x and migrate to another server

morareanumihai January 27, 2016

Hi,

I need some advices . As title says i need to update from 3.13 to 7.x and also migrate to another server . Curently JIRA is on Microsoft Server 2008 32-bit and SQL Server 2005 and we want to migrate to Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit and Sql Server 2008 . My plan is to update to JIRA 7.x on Microsoft 32-bit machine and then migrate to 64-bit machine . Is this correct ? 

Thank you,

Mihai Morareanu

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2016

No.

You need to upgrade from 3.13 -> 4.4 -> 5.2 -> 6.4 -> 7.x 

The migration can be done at any point, but as you have a new machine to work with, I would install a clean 3.13 on that, import your data, and then work through the upgrades (obviously, do test runs of that first)

You may discover that you can skip the 5.2 upgrade and go from 4.4 to 6.4 directly, but you really should test it to see.

morareanumihai January 27, 2016

Hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] ,

Thanks for quick reply !

Migration steps are clear to me , the question was strict about machine migration because is different arhitecture (32 and 64-bit). I need a JIRA 3.13 instalation software , and in JIRA Arhive the oldest intalation software is 4.x . Do you have JIRA 3.13 installer ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2016

Oh, I'd forgotten that they've dropped older versions.

You could bother Atlassian for a copy, but you could just upgrade to 4.4 and then do the move

morareanumihai February 1, 2016

Thank you, Sergio.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events