Upgrade from 3.13 to 7.x and migrate to another server

Hi,

I need some advices . As title says i need to update from 3.13 to 7.x and also migrate to another server . Curently JIRA is on Microsoft Server 2008 32-bit and SQL Server 2005 and we want to migrate to Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit and Sql Server 2008 . My plan is to update to JIRA 7.x on Microsoft 32-bit machine and then migrate to 64-bit machine . Is this correct ? 

Thank you,

Mihai Morareanu

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

No.

You need to upgrade from 3.13 -> 4.4 -> 5.2 -> 6.4 -> 7.x 

The migration can be done at any point, but as you have a new machine to work with, I would install a clean 3.13 on that, import your data, and then work through the upgrades (obviously, do test runs of that first)

You may discover that you can skip the 5.2 upgrade and go from 4.4 to 6.4 directly, but you really should test it to see.

Hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] ,

Thanks for quick reply !

Migration steps are clear to me , the question was strict about machine migration because is different arhitecture (32 and 64-bit). I need a JIRA 3.13 instalation software , and in JIRA Arhive the oldest intalation software is 4.x . Do you have JIRA 3.13 installer ?

Oh, I'd forgotten that they've dropped older versions.

You could bother Atlassian for a copy, but you could just upgrade to 4.4 and then do the move

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

155 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you