Upgrade Jira from 5.2.5 to 7.1.9

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2016

Hi all,
We should to make an upgrade of JIRA from 5.2.5 to 7.1.9, and we cannot do it directly. I read about it much things but I could not find what I need.
Can someone help me ?

Thanks in advance ,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2016

We'll try, but we don't know where to start.  You've said you've "read about it", but have not told us what you have read, or where you are stuck.

For the versions you've mentioned, I'd upgrade to 6.4, then 7.0, then 7.1.latest, but I can't really tell you more without knowing why you say you can't do it.

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2016
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2016

I've done 5.2 to 6.4 a couple of times before, and it worked ok, but I've also seen it go wrong and we reverted to doing 5.2 to 6.1, then 6.1 to 6.4.  That time it was based on an add-on with some quirks, but you won't find out until you test it.

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2016

thanks

Rupa Jain September 5, 2018

hat upgrade path did you take and how long did it take?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events