Updating custom fields in post function groovy script

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2016

Hi

I am using groovy script as a post function on issue creation to set a few user picker fields. It works fine and I see the fields updated after issue creation is done. However if I try to use these fields in consequent post function in the same transition (create) they appear to be null. For example I tried to copy updated field or send email to user set by groovy but fields reported to be null. So it looks like fields updated by groovy script is not visible for the subsequent post function in the same transition. Is there any reason for that or am I doing something wrong ?

1 answer

1 vote
Jeff Louwerse
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2016

IIt sounds like the data isn't being saved and/or you are loading the original issue in the second post function.

Make sure you save the updates in the post function (maybe try a reindex too if that fails).

and try defining your issue this way.  This one resolved a lot of my issues similar to this one in older versions.

MutableIssue issue  = (MutableIssue) issue;
RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2016

I'm storing issue with issue.store() and I did use MutableIssue. In my postfunction list on creation I have

1. Creates the issue originally
  2. My Groovy script setting Approver 1, Approver 2
  3. Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.
  4. Copy Approver 1 -> Approver
  5. Fire a Issue Created event that can be processed by the listeners.

After issue is created I can see Approver 1 and 2 set as expected but not the Approver sad

Jeff Louwerse
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2016

Sorry I didn't see your reply.  It is worth noting that in my experience issue.store() only really works on native fields and for custom fields you either have to update them with

myCF.updateValue(null, issue, new ModifiedValue(issue.getCustomFieldValue(myCF), ThisValue), changeHolder); }

or if you use the issue.setCustomFieldValue() then use

issueManager.updateIssue(userUtil.getUserObject('automation'), issue, EventDispatchOption.DO_NOT_DISPATCH, true);

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events