Updating Original estimate

Corinna March 9, 2016

the original Estimate field is available on my planning lab when i create an issue...but now i want to introduce the origina estimate for issues which are already created...but that does not seem to work,....i can see the planning lab,,but when i click on it I do only see Gant option Milestones.no way to fill in the original estimate.....is there a way to put original estimate on issues already created ??

2 answers

3 votes
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2016

Look for time tracking rather than original estimate in the list of fields to add to the screen - try that instead. (The estimate and time tracking fields are actually all one field, displayed differently)

Here you have additional information about time tracking:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-time-tracking-185729592.html

1 vote
Cristina_Abunei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2016

Hello,

You can add Time Tracking to the issue's edit screen and it will allow to change the original estimate.

Be careful that once you have logged work on an issue, Original Estimate will be replaced with Remaining Estimate and you will no longer be able to update the Original Estimate.

Suggest an answer