Update Linked issue status

abhinav.agwan June 3, 2019

Hi,

I have a 1 Bug to which I have one Service request and one incident linked. I would like to match the status of Bug to service request and Incident using automation.

E.g:

1) If I update the Bug status to Start Progress both the linked issue status should change to In-progress

Can we create this using Automation

Thanks,

Abhinav

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2019

Hello Abhinav,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

I see that your question is flagged with JIRA-core-Cloud, however, you mentioned an "Automation" feature which is not natively available for JIRA Core.

That been said, I'm not sure if you are using the Automation feature provided by JIRA Service Desk or if you are using an App like Automation for JIRA Cloud.

Supposing you are using one of the features above, please check the instructions below on how you can automatically upgrade linked issues status when the status of the source issue is changed:

1 - Using Automation for JIRA Cloud app:

- Navigate to your project > Project Settings > Project Automation

- Configure the following rule:

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 16.38.13.png

2 - Using JIRA Service Desk Automation:

Not possible at this moment, however, we have a feature request created to implement it:

Automated sync of updates from linked issue

If you are not using any of the features above, could you please let us know what automation feature you are using? If possible, send us a screenshot of it.

Let me know if this information helps.

Monica Morris August 17, 2022

Hi @Petter Gonçalves - Option 1 worked perfectly for me, thank you so much!

1 vote
Emily Lukasik July 17, 2020

Hi - Would someone be able to check my Automation as well?  I set this up as a Global rule, as it goes across two projects in Jira.   Here is the logic I am trying to build.

• When - A Ticket in the Engineering projects moves from New, Dev Ready or Gathering Req status to Development status
  • If - It is linked to another issue, and the linked issue is in the VPINTAKE project, and it is a Bug 
  • Then - Transition the VPINTAKE Bug ticket to a Work In Progress status

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 3.11.01 PM.png

Nazir Kabani August 18, 2021

Hi Emily,

Did this rule solved your problem? to me it looks like this rule will transition engineering project ticket to work in progress then moving VPINTAKE bug ticket to work in progress.

please let me know if this solved you problem because i am looking for similar solution.

Matt Kepple February 14, 2023

I solved this by creating a Global Automation using Jira's inbuilt automation

CP is my engineering project

MC is my Customer Support project

So whenever a developer updates the status of a CP issue to In Progress, the status of the linked MC issue is transitioned to In Progress

1.jpg

0 votes
abhinav.agwan June 10, 2019

Hi Petterson,

Thank you for the update.

As we don't have the Automation for Jira cloud app, I was hoping for a solution or a workaround. I will wait for the feature request to be implemented. 

Regards,

Abhinav

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2019

Hello Abhinav,

You are welcome!

Have a nice day and let us know if there's anything else I can help with.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events