Update Application Links for Jira in Bamboo and Stash

Hawk November 9, 2015

I have recently updated to HTTPS for my JIRA instance and need to update the application links to reflect the change. I want to know how to edit the application links, do I need to go to the database and do this if so where? Or just delete them and recreate them? Will I get locked out as JIRA is my user db or will the project links break in bamboo, like it warns me now?

Thanks,

Brian

2 answers

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2015

I warmly recommend keeping a "backdoor" open, in case you do lose access to it. An user hosted in the internal directory with admin privilegies have saved me a few times doing similar things with confluence, using a JIRA user directory.

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2015

You should be able to add or edit application links from JIRA: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira060/adding-an-application-link-370705802.html. No need to do any direct db changes. I am not sure about bamboo project links and was not able to google info concerning it. I guess that they should be fine once you adjust the link. 

Hawk November 10, 2015

Can only edit display URL, not the application URL. Thats why I think I need to edit them directly in the database. I was hoping someone has done this before.

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2015

You can delete and create new but I never did it so all risks are on you.

Suggest an answer