Update Application Links for Jira in Bamboo and Stash

I have recently updated to HTTPS for my JIRA instance and need to update the application links to reflect the change. I want to know how to edit the application links, do I need to go to the database and do this if so where? Or just delete them and recreate them? Will I get locked out as JIRA is my user db or will the project links break in bamboo, like it warns me now?

Thanks,

Brian

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

You should be able to add or edit application links from JIRA: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira060/adding-an-application-link-370705802.html. No need to do any direct db changes. I am not sure about bamboo project links and was not able to google info concerning it. I guess that they should be fine once you adjust the link. 

Can only edit display URL, not the application URL. Thats why I think I need to edit them directly in the database. I was hoping someone has done this before.

You can delete and create new but I never did it so all risks are on you.

This widget could not be displayed.

I warmly recommend keeping a "backdoor" open, in case you do lose access to it. An user hosted in the internal directory with admin privilegies have saved me a few times doing similar things with confluence, using a JIRA user directory.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

87 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you