Unable to reset password

Uzma Hassan December 9, 2016

I have been recently setup on Jira. When I click on the 'Set My Password' link on the email (received from Admin) I am directed to the User Management page.

The page just shows the waiting icon and no fields are displayed to reset password.

Is there something that the Administrator need to do?

thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2016

For one, your user account and password may actually be controlled through an external service (e.g. MS Active Directory) and depending on the administration settings and user directories configured within your JIRA instance, the passwords may only be able to be set through external means (ours is largely this way). That is just one instance though of something that would need to be checked for your particular problem. 

Otherwise, if your Contact Administrators form is active/available (accessed generally from the login screen), you can try to send your Administrators a message regarding your password that way so that they can likely reset it for you if you are not able to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events