Unable to remove deactivated user from jira-administrator group

Ben Thompson November 21, 2016

Hi,

I am trying to remove a deactivated user from the jira-administrator group, but am unable to do so. I've tried several ways to remove the user, but every time the group membership is still there.

I can remove active users without a problem, and I have System Administrator rights.

If anyone could point to a solution, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! 

3 answers

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2016

The trouble seems to be into settings of LDAP integration. I am not good on it. But can suppose that into AD this user is a memember of jira-administrators group. 

To tell short - how group jira-administrators is filled based on AD?

Try to read this documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/connecting-to-an-ldap-directory-802592350.html

That is what I thought at first, as well, but the jira-administrator group is not controlled by AD, its a local group. 

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2016

Does it means that you delete a user from group and then this user returns back?

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2016

Or you can not even delete user form group?

Once I click "Leave Selected Group" it takes me back to the Users page, and the user is still in the group.  

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2016

Could you provide a screenshot for user record?

0 votes

I apologize, I should have included that from the start. The user was in Active Directory, but does not exist anymore. Having said that, I am seeing the same issue with another AD user that is deactivated and does still exist. 

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2016

Which directory this users belongs to? is it JIRA internal directory or it is Active directory?

Suggest an answer