Unable to login with Local admin to JIRA Server

Patrick Benson September 22, 2017

I am using JIRA v7.4.2, locally hosted on my windows laptop. After 2 years of logging into JIRA I am unable to login as Admin.  The notice is "Sorry, your username and password are incorrect - please try again."

I have shutdown/restarted the JIRA server.

I still can not log in.  There is no email set up.  It's a local hosted server.  I am the only user currently.  What do I need to do to recover access? 

I have tried logging in from Chrome and Explorer.

2 answers

2 votes
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2017

You'll need to set the password in the database to recover access:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/retrieving-the-jira-administrator-192836.html

Patrick Benson September 25, 2017

I am working on  this solution, but having trouble connecting to the database.  I will let you know if I am successful.

Ok database is still in H2 and was able to access using the embedded db instructions https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/accessing-jira-s-h2-embedded-database-776818136.html .  I executed  the SQL to change the admin password and got the notification that the db is read only.  

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2017

I just asked our DB person, she said that there is a way on making the change to be able to write as well.

Here's another issue with this situation.  I am able to get to another level where JIRA requires a CAPTCHA  question.  And the result is "Sorry, your userid is required to answer a CAPTCHA question correctly."  This appears to be an infinite loop.  It keeps asking over and over.

Patrick Benson October 4, 2017

I was working another project so I was not able to spend time  on this issue.

I am SOL ( sH*t out of luck)here?  I can see the H2 but it's read only.   Anymore ideas?  Is there another level of support that I can purchase?  I need to take action this week to recover the database. 

Export data to another DB possible?

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2017

I agree with Greg, assuming also that you only have JIRA internal directory to access JIRA no other directory was added.

Suggest an answer