Unable to get service JiraUserSessionTracker

Deleted user May 23, 2016

Hello, we need to develop a plugin which has to be aware about all currently logged in users and for that we are trying to import an instance of the class JiraUserSessionTracker through a component import annotation:

@Named("balancedAssignmentComponent")
public class BalancedAssignmentComponent {
@ComponentImport
private final JiraUserSessionTracker jiraUserSessionTracker;
@Inject
public BalancedAssignmentComponent(final JiraUserSessionTracker jiraUserSessionTracker,
final UserManager userManager, final GroupManager groupManager, final ProjectRoleManager projectRoleManager,
final ProjectManager projectManager, ...) {
	this.jiraUserSessionTracker = jiraUserSessionTracker;
	this.userManager = userManager;
	this.groupManager = groupManager;
	this.projectRoleManager = projectRoleManager;
	this.projectManager = projectManager;
}

}

When installing the plugin, it fails and throws this error, which does not help us at all to solve the problem:

2016-05-23 12:43:14,141 UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-2 ERROR admin 618x331x2 1v7s77t 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /rest/plugins/1.0/available/featured [c.a.p.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Plugin 'com.xeridia.jira.sigdjira7plugin.SigdJira7plugin' never resolved service '&jiraUserSessionTracker' with filter '(&(objectClass=com.atlassian.jira.web.session.currentusers.JiraUserSessionTracker)(objectClass=com.atlassian.jira.web.session.currentusers.JiraUserSessionTracker))'
2016-05-23 12:43:14,144 UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-2 DEBUG admin 618x331x2 1v7s77t 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /rest/plugins/1.0/available/featured [c.a.activeobjects.osgi.ActiveObjectsServiceFactory] onPluginDisabledEvent removing delegate for [com.xeridia.jira.sigdjira7plugin.SigdJira7plugin]
2016-05-23 12:43:14,146 UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-2 ERROR admin 618x331x2 1v7s77t 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /rest/plugins/1.0/available/featured [c.a.plugin.manager.PluginEnabler] Unable to start the following plugins due to timeout while waiting for plugin to enable: com.xeridia.jira.sigdjira7plugin.SigdJira7plugin

What does that mean? I think it is absolutely senseless.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2016

The JiraUserSessionTracker is not part of the JIRA API.  It is only available by using jira-core, and you cannot get it injected to a plugin, because it is not intended for third-party use.

There is probably something in jira-api that does what you need.  However, if there is not, then the only way you can use this is:

• Add a dependency on jira-core
  • Obtain it using ComponentAccessor.getComponent(JiraUserSessionTracker.class)

Any use of jira-core is, however, not covered by the Java API Policy for JIRA.  It may break at any time, even in a bugfix release. 

Deleted user May 23, 2016

Thank you for your fast response. Respecting to the jira-core usage I am aware of what you are stating. I were already able to use that service by adding this line of code to my class:

private final JiraUserSessionTracker jiraUserSessionTracker = JiraUserSessionTracker.getInstance();

It is only an instance attribute and initializing it this way is working for me. I suppose that using the component accessor would work the same.

crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2016

It would turn up the same result.  That's actually what getInstance() calls internally:

public static JiraUserSessionTracker getInstance() {
    return ComponentAccessor.getComponentOfType(JiraUserSessionTracker.class);
}
crf
Atlassian Team
May 23, 2016

Unfortunately, a quick search of the API turned up... nothing.  There doesn't seem to be an API-safe way to find out who is logged in.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events