Unable to fetch a story with its associated test cases using REST API in JIRA's cloud

susee_jeeva September 24, 2018

Hi,

Using REST API, i can able to fetch issue of type "Story" by using the below URI:

GET /rest/api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}

But the response JSON does not have the Test Cases details associated with respect to the fetched issue of type "Story".

I am able to fetch the issues of type "Test Cases" with the separate request, but how can i map with its associated "Story"

Thanks,

1 answer

1 vote
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2018

Hi @Mohamed Benziane,

Actually i am unclear with the term "Epic" used in the web page you have shared. 

My issue is ,i have created a "Story" with some "Test Cases". How to retrieve those test cases using the REST API.

Please help me understand the concept.

Regards,

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2018

Hi @susee_jeeva

The parent are the test cases ?

Regards

Hi @Mohamed Benziane,

The scenario is, under a story S1, i have created two test cases (T1 and T2). So, in this case the story S1 is the parent right?

So, when i fetch story S1, i expect the test cases must also be fetched. But it is not.

And, all Sub-Tasks associated with the S1 is fetched correctly.

Hi @Mohamed Benziane,

I have created a 'Story' with 3 Test Cases associated.

But, when i fetch the Story with its Key through REST API, i could not find the information of Test Cases associated.

How can i get the information of Test Cases?

Waiting for your response.

Thanks,

Susee

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2018

Hi @susee_jeeva

Test case is an addon ? Is it from this 

https://www.adaptavist.com/doco/display/KT/Test+Management+for+JIRA+Server ?

Regards

susee_jeeva September 25, 2018

Hi @Mohamed Benziane,

Actually we have integrated Qmetry with JIRA. So, i guess Test Case, Test Run and Test Scenario is extended from Qmetry.

Thanks,

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2018

Hello @susee_jeeva

I don't have this addon but you can take a look at this documentation:

https://qmetrysupport.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/QES/pages/32735628/Integration+through+QMetry+Web+Services+APIs

Look for QMetry 7 API Document 

I will suggested you to maybe try this:

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps

Regards

Hi @Mohamed Benziane,

But what is the base url to access the Qmetry's REST APIs. When i try to use JIRA's base url, it does not work.

Thanks,

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2018

Hi @Mohamed Benziane,

Thanks for your information and quick support. We were able to fetch all our needful information.

Best Regards,

Susee

Ramakrishna M November 23, 2018

Hi @susee_jeeva

Could you please help me with the issue. I am still not able to see test steps of a test case when i tried to get through Jira Rest API

Sample Rest API: https://<jira-name>.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/issue/TES-2

Suggest an answer