Unable to display custom fields of type "Original Estimate"

Mike Madore October 14, 2015

We are creating estimates for Development and QA for a client request using custom fields for Development Estimate and QA Estimate of field type “Original Estimate”.

The custom fields do not display on the screen. When I check using “Where is my field” everything checks out properly saying the field should be displayed. How can I get the fields to display?

JIRA 6.4.3

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2015

You can't add fields of type "original estimate", so I'm not sure what you've done there.

But the thing I suspect a generalised point, not field type dependent.  Is there any data in the fields?  If not, then they won't display on issue view.

Tejashree Kotkar May 29, 2016

Hello,

We can add custom field of type 'Original estimate' in jira. PFA screenshot for the same. but as Mike asked question, this custom field can not be display on the screen, I am  also not able to display that field. Although checking 'Where is my field?' and it is saying field should be displayed. 

Estimation.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2016

That's not a custom field of type original estimate.

That is a field of type search for original estimate.  Note the search.  It adds functions to let you search the system field, and edit it in-line.  It's not a data field.  So while you might put it on a screen, there's nothing to display in view or edit mode, so nothing appears.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events