It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to create board for non-software project Edited

James Gill Sep 27, 2017

Today I attempted to create a new board for a Project Management Project and am receiving an error that says, "Error" The Project must be a Software project."

When did this change?  I have always been able to create Boards for non-Software Projects but now I am unable (I have 3 other boards that all contain non-Software Projects.  Was this a core functionality change?  Is this an issue with JIRA Cloud?

1 answer

0 votes
Gregory Van Den Ham Community Leader Sep 27, 2017

It looks to be a feature in backlog for Core with no plans for work.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-45690

Basics of it is, Jira Core is the basic workflow.  Jira software adds Agile functionality, jira service desk adds service desk.

James Gill Sep 28, 2017

I have Projects that are non-software Projects that I was able to create Boards for before but now I am unable...

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

668 views 7 0
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you