Umlaut/ accented characters display incorrectly in JIRA

The characters työpöytä displayed as  ty?p?yt? id the dashboard and other pages in JIRA

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

To fix the encoding issue we're seeing here, start JIRA with the variable -Dfile.encoding=utf-8 and -Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8. See Setting properties and options on startup

Thanks for the workaround Azfar.

The philosophy nowadays is that JIRA should use UTF-8 by default for everything, so anything that doesn't work out of the box should be considered a bug.

Can you raise bugs on jira.atlassian.com for any places that are not displaying correctly please?

I tried setting those parameters in Jira 6.4.13, but they didn't solve the problem.

If I create a component with an accent character and create a piechart per components, when I click in the slice with that component, the JQL in the issue navigator is wrong.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

128 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you