UPM: enable Service Desk when disabled during upgrade to 7.0? / enable application components?

Jon February 22, 2016

I am in the process of upgrading our JIRA instance from 6.3.15 to 7.0+ and also switching to the new model (JIRA Core/Software/Service Desk).

During the initial upgrade attempts there were many problems due to Plug-ins not being compatible so we disabled all plugins before upgrading. This also includes the Service Desk 2.5 module which was installed.

After that the upgrade to 7.0 via the JIRA Software installer worked fine. The Plugins/Add-Ons were still disabled after the upgrade but everything else worked.

We then proceeded to install the JIRA Service Desk also via the installer. After the upgrade we wanted to reactivate the Plug-In/Add-On. Now the Addon is categorized as Application Component and JIRA kindly informs me that these can not be disabled, which is fine. But I would like to ENABLE it now....

Does anyone know how to enable a application component?

I maybe also just be missing a very obvious button which I am glad to admit because then issue is solved.

22-02-2016 16-18-28.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2016

You have to do this through the "Applications" page. Uninstall Service Desk Application and install it again using Upload Application link . This will not remove any of your existing service desk configuration/data.

The applications page is available at http://yourjiraurl/plugins/servlet/applications/versions-licenses

Jon February 22, 2016

Hi Boris

Thanks for your answer. Yes of course uninstalling and then installing it via the .obr file worked fine.
Before that I was trying the .exe (yes work forces me to use Windows Servers) Installers which dont seem to be the best idea.
However I still think it should not be possible to reach such a state of configuration with normal installers. 
Maybe enforcing the plugin enable during the installation for example or in an upgrade task on startup after the upgrade would help in such a situation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events