UNABLE TO ATTACH EMPTY TXT FILE

Kalesha November 8, 2016

UNABLE TO ATTACH EMPTY TXT FILE

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE DISPLAYS WHEN EMPTY FILE IS ATTACHED.

File "Test.txt" was not uploaded

No data was sent for Test.txt. The browser may not be able to read the file.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2016

Attaching an empty file is utterly pointless.  Your browser is unlikely to send it properly, and JIRA has no reason to accept it (although older versions did give you a simple "file is empty, so don't bother" message)

Kalesha November 8, 2016

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] as part of negative testing we should load empty files to see various response messages from the system. So for each test case we have few empty files as test data. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2016

Attaching an empty file is utterly pointless.  So I'd say this is a "pass" of a test, because it works by preventing a user from doing something utterly pointless.  I suspect your "negative tests" are incomplete or poorly designed or specified.

As this is clearly a correct response, I'm not sure why you are asking it as a question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events