UNABLE TO ATTACH EMPTY TXT FILE

UNABLE TO ATTACH EMPTY TXT FILE

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE DISPLAYS WHEN EMPTY FILE IS ATTACHED.

File "Test.txt" was not uploaded

No data was sent for Test.txt. The browser may not be able to read the file.

1 answer

0 votes

Attaching an empty file is utterly pointless.  Your browser is unlikely to send it properly, and JIRA has no reason to accept it (although older versions did give you a simple "file is empty, so don't bother" message)

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] as part of negative testing we should load empty files to see various response messages from the system. So for each test case we have few empty files as test data. 

Attaching an empty file is utterly pointless.  So I'd say this is a "pass" of a test, because it works by preventing a user from doing something utterly pointless.  I suspect your "negative tests" are incomplete or poorly designed or specified.

As this is clearly a correct response, I'm not sure why you are asking it as a question.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #2: Let’s talk severity levels

Welcome to your weekly Jira Ops Early access program update, where we’re sharing news and updates on Jira Ops' progress as we work toward our 1.0 release. If you ever want to drop us feedback or idea...

41 views 0 0
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you