Tutorial not working

Mr Parashar May 25, 2016

Hi team,

i follow all the mentions step but not rendering the velocity template. I am using sdk 6+ version.

When ever i access the servlet 404 error shows.

Might be there is some missing step.

Hi Guys..

I am using sdk 6.2.2 standalone JIRA and dont do any thing different from this tutorial url "https://developer.atlassian.com/docs/getting-started/learn-the-development-platform-by-example/create-a-gui-with-templates-and-aui"

9 answers

0 votes
Roman Samorodov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2016

Hi! I completely fixed theese tutorias.

Look for my full answer here!

Good Luck!

0 votes
Mr Parashar May 29, 2016

Hurrah ! I found the answear.

Instead of passing the object from constructor you can use 

ComponentAccessor.getOSGiComponentInstanceOfType(ClassName.class)

It helps me and yours.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2016

I could have told you that a lot sooner if you had told me the version of JIRA you were using.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2016

I don't know how else I can ask this.  If you're building an add-on, you are running JIRA (or trying to, anyway).  We need to know what version it is running.  The SDK runs it for you, based on what's in the pom.xml, but you need to tell us what version you are compiling the code for. 

And, we need the log file.  404 is not what the log says, please, read the actual application log that's being piped to the screen and to the log file inside the installation of JIRA that the SDK creates for you.

Note that if you really have done exactly what the tutorial says, then you will have a working add-on.  But that does assume your environment is correct - that's why we need to know what version of JIRA you are running is and what the logs say.

0 votes
Mr Parashar May 26, 2016

Hi Nic ,

I dont install the JIRA on  system. but using JIRA sdk build in JIRA . I copied all the steps and don't insert any new step.

When i access servlet the 404 error is encountered. I dont know whats wrong with this but when i pass the parameter to the constructor of the servlet then this error is generated.

Is there any way to render the template without injecting the Template renderer into the constructor.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2016

There is a working sample in the tutorial.

If it's not working for you, then we can try to help you, but we need to know

• What version of JIRA are you writing for?
  • What have you done differently to what the tutorial says?
  • What does the log file say when the error happens?

I don't know how else to explain this.  You need to tell us the answers to these questions.

0 votes
Mr Parashar May 26, 2016

Hi Nic,

it is true i am using your above tutorial and also using sdk standalone JIRA with step by step instrunctions.

Nic if possible can you provide a working sample.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2016

No.  It does not.  Please, re-read my original answer and give us the answers to the second, third and fourth points. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2016

Please, instead of moving answers and comments around, give us the information we need to help you. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2016

Um.

• Which tutorial?
Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

Hi,

as @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] asked you,

please elaborate the things properly.

• which tutorial ?
  • when ur working on that what the error you r getting?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2016

Ok, that's the tutorial, but you still have not answered the other three questions

Suggest an answer