Tutorial not working

Hi team,

i follow all the mentions step but not rendering the velocity template. I am using sdk 6+ version.

When ever i access the servlet 404 error shows.

Might be there is some missing step.

Hi Guys..

I am using sdk 6.2.2 standalone JIRA and dont do any thing different from this tutorial url "https://developer.atlassian.com/docs/getting-started/learn-the-development-platform-by-example/create-a-gui-with-templates-and-aui"

9 answers

0 vote

Um.

• Which tutorial?
  • What version of JIRA are you writing for?
  • What have you done differently to what the tutorial says?
  • What does the log file say when the error happens?

Hi,

as @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] asked you,

please elaborate the things properly.

• which tutorial ?
  • when ur working on that what the error you r getting?

Ok, that's the tutorial, but you still have not answered the other three questions

0 vote

Please, instead of moving answers and comments around, give us the information we need to help you. 

0 vote

No.  It does not.  Please, re-read my original answer and give us the answers to the second, third and fourth points. 

Hi Nic,

it is true i am using your above tutorial and also using sdk standalone JIRA with step by step instrunctions.

Nic if possible can you provide a working sample.

0 vote

There is a working sample in the tutorial.

If it's not working for you, then we can try to help you, but we need to know

I don't know how else to explain this.  You need to tell us the answers to these questions.

Hi Nic ,

I dont install the JIRA on  system. but using JIRA sdk build in JIRA . I copied all the steps and don't insert any new step.

When i access servlet the 404 error is encountered. I dont know whats wrong with this but when i pass the parameter to the constructor of the servlet then this error is generated.

Is there any way to render the template without injecting the Template renderer into the constructor.

0 vote

I don't know how else I can ask this.  If you're building an add-on, you are running JIRA (or trying to, anyway).  We need to know what version it is running.  The SDK runs it for you, based on what's in the pom.xml, but you need to tell us what version you are compiling the code for. 

And, we need the log file.  404 is not what the log says, please, read the actual application log that's being piped to the screen and to the log file inside the installation of JIRA that the SDK creates for you.

Note that if you really have done exactly what the tutorial says, then you will have a working add-on.  But that does assume your environment is correct - that's why we need to know what version of JIRA you are running is and what the logs say.

Hurrah ! I found the answear.

Instead of passing the object from constructor you can use 

ComponentAccessor.getOSGiComponentInstanceOfType(ClassName.class)

It helps me and yours.

I could have told you that a lot sooner if you had told me the version of JIRA you were using.

Hi! I completely fixed theese tutorias.

Look for my full answer here!

Good Luck!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

797 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you