Trying to port jira from an old version with greenhopper addin, what addin do I need to use now? And is such a port possible?

Kathleen Haigh-Hutchinson September 21, 2016

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2016

Wow, greenhopper is old

It was acquired by Atlassian many years ago, rebranded as "Agile" for a long time, then "Software" and with JIRA 7, has now been changed into an application for JIRA, but still called "Software"

You will be able to upgrade from JIRA + GH to JIRA Software but you will need to stage it through several versions of both JIRA and GH/Agile/Software, and be aware that both products change a lot through those versions.

What are the current versions of the software?  GH stopped being GH sometime in JIRA 3's lifetime, so I imagine you're on JIRA 3.something-low, but rather than guess, could you confirm where you're starting from?

Kathleen Haigh-Hutchinson September 22, 2016

Thanks for looking at this , our current production JIRA is JIRA 5.1.1 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2016

Hmm, then the add-on should be called "Agile" by now.  Greenhopper went away in 3 or early 4.

Anyway, yes, you should upgrade to JIRA 6.4 + Agile (highest available version), then you can go to JIRA Software - given there are some problems with going straight to the latest version, I'd go for 7.0.highest of JIRA and it's related Software version, then 7.2

Suggest an answer