Trying to find out how many bugs were opened between a certain date range

Scott Usheroff November 29, 2016

Can anyone help me with the JQL for finding out how many bugs were opened between Oct.4th and Nov. 29th I would then like to know how many bugs were closed in the same timeframe. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2016

Hi Scott,

Something like these

Created between Oct 4th and Nov 29th:

Type = Bug AND created >= "2016/10/4 00:00" AND created < "2016/11/30 00:00"

Closed between Oct 4th and Nov 29th:

Type = Bug AND resolved >= "2016/10/4 00:00" AND resolved < "2016/11/30 00:00"

Sam

Scott Usheroff November 29, 2016

Thanks so much Sam, I almost had it but was messing up the date range entry method. Really appreciate the help!

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2016

Those JQLs are correct. However, they do not have into account the possibility of reopened issues (if your workflow allows to do so):

• Should issues reopened during that time frame be counted as created issues?
  • Should issues resolved in mid October and reopened in November count as resolved issues?
  • Should issues resolved during the time frame and reopened afterwards count as resolved issues?
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 29, 2016

Good point Ignacio. 

What would your suggestions be to count re-opened issues? 

It does tend to get a bit complicated. For example:

Type = Bug AND (created >= "2016/10/4 00:00" AND created < "2016/11/30 00:00" OR resolution CHANGED TO Unresolved during ("2016/10/4 00:00", "2016/11/30 00:00") )

Sam

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 29, 2016

Sam, it entirely depends on the purpose behind the query, but your new JQL for created issues looks preferable to the previous one in most of the cases.

Scott Usheroff November 30, 2016

Good point, however, it's not particularly relevant in my situation as I am aware of issues that have been re-opened. Thanks again for your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events