Trigger a different transition when creating

claire November 19, 2015

Hello,

While creating a bug issue, if I am the reporter, I want the issue to transition to an OPEN status by triggering the Valid transition otherwise it will go to NEW. I am using a post function Update Transition on the Create transition. Here is my condition:

issue.get("Reporter").getValue().equalsIgnoreCase("claire rogers")

This for some reason is not working, Please advise, thanks! Claire

3 answers

1 vote
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2015

I've used a scripted "Fast track transition" post function to do this, I'm not familiar with "Update Transition".  Is that what you are using as well?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2015

To expand on that a little, Jeremy (and I) would like to know what add-on you are using to get the "update transition" function. It's not he name of any function I've seen in add-ons, so you're either using an add-on we haven't seen, or you are calling a function we do know by the wrong name.

0 votes
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2015

I'm not familiar with that add-on, but it seems pretty straightforward.  Perhaps the return value of "issue.get("Reporter").getValue()" is the username and not the full name?  That's harder to verify now that they've taken out the condition tester script, but some examples I just looked through suggest that could be the case.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2015

I still don't know what the add-on in use here is!

0 votes
claire November 20, 2015

Hello,

Pardon the misinformation! I used the Post Function called "Transition Issue".

1. On Create Issue, I added the post function.

ForSupport1.PNG

2. I selected Transition Issue.

ForSupport3.PNG

3. I entered the ID for the transition that I want it to execute. I entered the condition, updated and published. When I create one, it does not transition to Open, it still goes to New.

image2015-11-20 9:17:34.png

Here's the ID for the transition:

ForSupport4.PNG

I do not get the results I expected. Note that Status is still New instead of Open.

Please advise. Thanks!

Suggest an answer