Transition with a mandatory action

I want a transition (from State A to State B) which reveals a screen with YES/NO radio buttons and will go back to A if the radio button is not set to NO, it will only move on the B if the YES button is selected. 

When the Transition is first activated, the radio button must be made to sit in the NO position so that the YES/NO decision is made at the point of the transition and not before.

1 answer

You can put a validator on the transition such that a field has to be a certain value.  If they select NO, however, it will not cancel the transition, it will show an error indicating that the transition is only available if they select YES; at that point, they either have to cancel the transition (you can mention that in the message) or else change the selection to YES.  Not quite what you are looking for, but I think it's pretty close.

A possible alternative would be to add javascript to the page such that clicking on the transition button from the screen performs a cancel if NO and the transition if YES.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

35 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you