Transition post function to update a custom field

Sam Thompson December 23, 2015

I am trying to work out how to add a post function to a transition to update a custom field I have created. The field is called type, and I want to add specific string to the field depending on what stage of the workflow it is in.

I can update standard fields very simply, but can't work out how to update my custom field.

Any ideas?

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2015

You need add-ons to update custom fields.  For Cloud, try enabling the "misc workflow extensions" add-on (it's pre-installed and free) - that adds "set field value from string/regex" as a post-function.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2015

Thanks, Nic! I will add it too.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2015

The post-function is currently called "Set Field Value to constant or Groovy expression".

Sam Thompson December 23, 2015

Perfect, thanks Nic. That's all working now!

Suggest an answer