Track time by user for specific issue, with in-issue widget

Ben Upham April 4, 2016

We would like to use the Tempo plugin to track user work hours logged on the issue level. So, for example, an issue that is passed from one user to another, we would like to be able to see totals by user for that issue. We would like to be able to see this information within the ticket itself. 

Is this possible with the Tempo plugin?

Thank you,

Ben

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hlynur Johnsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2016

Hi Ben,

You can see total hours for individual users in the Collaborators panel in the issue view if you have the Planning options enabled in JIRA Administration -> Add Ons -> Planning.  There you see  hours logged / hours planned.

Please note that you need the Project Manager Role for the relevant project in order to see hours for other users than yourself.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Hlynur Johnsen

Product Owner - Tempo

Ben Upham April 6, 2016

Hi Hlynur,

Would it be possible to see a screenshot of this? Or can we get a trial period of the plugin so I can see if this is exactly what I am looking for? It looks like we were subscribed, but then unsubscribed. A screenshot might be best, as I would need to get the Site Admin to resubscribe us, etc. 

Thanks,

Ben

Hlynur Johnsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2016

Here is a screen of a sample issue.  3 different users have logged time on this issue.  Each one also has time planned on the issue.

collaborators.png

Suggest an answer