Timesheets

Mike Rodbell November 9, 2016

Hi, 

We're using JIRA Agile ONDemand. Many of our users are very busy and not inclined to traverse multiple tickets. I'd like to find a user friendly time entry service that will allow my team members to see and manipulate the following on a single form:

• Separate lists of active & pending tasks
  • For each task, be able to record
    • Time worked by day
    • Time Remaining on a given task

The basic software project time tracking looks interesting, however if people need to open each ticket to update their time, I suspect that we'll have difficulties. They are very busy and absent a lot of fussing, not likely to provide useful information.

3 answers

0 votes
Emily Triyonis November 10, 2016

Mike - If you implement this, please let me know what your feedback is. We are also looking for timesheet capabilities to be able to report time worked for the entire IT dept and then report to finance monthly.

Volodymyr - Is this capable of capacity management as well? We need a tool for that. Hoping to find a 2 in 1.

Thanks!

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2016

Hi  Emily,

> Is this capable of capacity management as well?

Not now. We have in plans to implement and release time planing in Q1 2017.

Emily Triyonis November 10, 2016

Oh darn! Okay, looking forward to it.

0 votes
Mike Rodbell November 9, 2016

Volodymyr,

Thank you for your quick reply. Is there a way to set this up so that I can give each of my users a link to a single page through which they may enter time spent and time remaining to a list of their assigned tasks? My hope is that they will be able to enter all information from that page and not need to open the individual tickets or many (any) dialog boxes).

Your product looks interesting.

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2016

Mike,
Work Time Calendar page will be the only entry for your users. There they just drag and drop spent time and pick issues to report the time. You can check the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT75mmzerF0

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2016

For sure this is self advertisement but I guess that Work Time Calendar quite matches smile https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.jiraworkcalendar.work-calendar

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events