[Time to SLA] What is the recommended way to setup Time to SLA for different SLA?

May Lee Swee Mei June 7, 2016

Hi,

I have 2 issue type:

• Incident
  • Problem

Both issue type are having different SLA. Incident is having a shorter SLA (in hours), and Problem is having a longer SLA (in days).

My current setting is, I am using 2 different workflow (duplicated workflow, 1 for Incident and 1 for Problem). And I setup the SLA to the workflow. But with this method, when I need to change an incident to a problem, I cannot easily do it (by simply edit on it); instead, I need to use the "Move" feature in JIRA to change the issue type.

For this scenario, any recommended way to setup Time to SLA? Please advise.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2016

Hi May, 

I have a lot of issues types to, and I work with three workflows.

There is no much to do. Could you use only one workflow? If you can, it's very easy solve the problem. If you need to use a different workflow/status, you need use the move. 

Did you use to much the move?

Best Regards,

Lameck.

Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2016

@May Lee Swee Mei, did it help you?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events