It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Time registration instead of story points in next gen projects?

Dear community, 

We are trying to fill our sprints with issues based on planned work duration. However, it seems that in next-gen projects, this data cannot be summed to view the total assigned time. Also, it seems impossible to have a quick overview of the remaining hours of work per sprint or make reports with this metric.

Is there a reason this feature is missing? How do you use the time logging functionality if there is no easy way to keep oversight on the time spent?

Any help is welcome :) Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Bui Atlassian Team Sunday

Hi @Gijsbert van Marrewijk ,

When you say "next-gen projects", are you referring to next-gen Jira Software projects?

If so, you're right that time tracking functionality is quite limited. For now, if you do need more thorough time tracking capabilities, the only thing I can suggest is to use Jira Software's classic projects instead.

Thank you. Do you know if time tracking capabilities will be implemented in the future?

Like Kevin Bui likes this
Kevin Bui Atlassian Team Monday

Hi @Gijsbert van Marrewijk - As far as I know, time tracking capabilities are on the team's radar, but I can't confirm that they're working on anything specific in this area. 

You can check out what's being worked on for next-gen at the Jira Software Cloud public roadmap.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

1,932 views 8 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you