There is a potential bug in JIRA while changing assignee name.

Sankalp Karakoti April 18, 2021

When I try to re-assign a ticket in JIRA to someone else, if I type something and then without making the selection scrolls down or up the page, it still shows the suggestions and thus not giving best of user experienceCapture.PNG. PFB the screenshot:

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

@Sankalp Karakoti  Welcome to community.

The suggestion list only displays so many recommendations.  Our instance has the same issue we have over 250,000 users so finding people can be hard.  We usually resort to using their email.  If you clean up your directory it will make it easier but once it gets large it becomes more difficult.  

Sankalp Karakoti April 21, 2021

@Brant Schroeder  For me, the issue is not the list showing up but the list not disappearing even user scrolls up or down after. The user has to make a click somewhere on the screen to make the list disappear. What I would suggest as a solution is, if a user opens the list and then scrolls up or down the window, the list should disappear automatically without the user clicking anywhere on the window.

Steps to reproduce-> 

1. Open the list of users in assignee.

2. Without select any assignee, scroll down to the bottom

3. You will see that the list still appears in the window which is not a good user experience. To remove the list, user would need to click somewhere else on the screen or make a selection.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2021

@Sankalp Karakoti 

I understand now.  I would suggest submitting a feature request here about the issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa  

Suggest an answer