There is a Plugin to create issues to another project?

Franco Cristofalo November 19, 2016

Hey guys, I want to know if there is an existing plugin to, based into a checkbox/checklist, create issues to others projects.

For example, if I open an issue to my team, to design a new website, then I will have to create another issue to another team, linked to the master one, to create the domain for the new website, and another to another team to configure the firewall, etc.

So if I create a checkbox with the things I need:

• New domain "foo.com" 
  • Balancer configuring
  • Ports redirected

then this issues will be automattly oppened into the others projects and will be linked to my master tickets.

There is an existing plugin for this, or I'm asking too much? cheeky

I don't know if it was clear with my question.

Thanks for reading smile

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2016

Hi Franco,

Assuming you are using JIRA Server, did you take a look at either of these?

I think they could be used to do what you want, both are developed by vendors with good reputation:

There are probably many others that could do this too. Maybe other people will add suggestions.

It would also be worth checking Atlassian's own JIRA Automaton add-on. I'm not sure if it can do what you ask, but it would be worth investigating.

By the way, the scenario you describe sounds like a great use case for using sub-tasks to track the tasks under your "Create a website" issue, rather than using checkboxes.

Hope this helps get you started.

Sam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events