There are two dashboards in JIRA that have been loading up empty for me

swetha meti February 12, 2017

There are two dashboards in JIRA that have been loading up empty. there are no errors in JIRA logs when this happens.

It takes multiple retries for the pages to finally load. Could any one advice on this issue?

image2017-2-13 10:37:31.png

1 answer

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2017

What gadgets are being used on this dashboard.?

Create a new test dashboard and add the same gadget and see if you face the same issue.

Is this encountered by all users , all major browsers ?

Since the dashboard is loading after sometime / attempts it seems the dashboard is processing something which is taking time to render. 

swetha meti February 12, 2017

Dashboard has Custom Search, Filter, Resolution Time,Status information,Issue statistics, Pie charts, Filter Results, Two Dimensional Filters, Time Since Chart.It has nearly 25 gadgets in a single page.Should that be causing the issue?

Yes, all users are facing this issue and on all browsers .

I think the issue is when i click on the dashboard page, the contents of the page do not load or gets refreshed. Only when i reload the page using the reload option in the browser the contents are being displayed.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2017

Do you encounter this on a test instance as well ? (test instance which is a replica of the production instance ?)

If you do not have a test instance try copying this dashboard then remove one gadget at a time and see if the new copied dashboard loads properly.

To have a clearer picture you can check the browser console network tab when you load the dashboard.

If you think it is just because a refresh is not triggered then try to load the dashboard with the direct link of the dashboard in another browser tab.

Suggest an answer