The video says "it is possible to create unlimited levels of hierarchy..." e.g. initiatives.

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Video tutorials

The video says "it is possible to create unlimited levels of hierarchy..." e.g. initiatives.

Our team wants to be able to define the following structure. Can you tell me how to maximize the use of Portfolio to support this?

Initiative is made up of Requirements. Requirements are made up of 0 or more sub-requirements, of infinite levels. Sub-requirements are implemented by stories, tasks, sub-tasks. So as an example

Initiative A

Req 1

Req 1.1. -> Story -> Subtasks

Req 1.2

Req 1.2.1 -> Story -> Subtasks

etc.

Requirements could go down infinite, but we could limit to say 10 levels. 

3 answers

Hi Rick,

I've added the jira-portfolio and portfolio tags to make sure the portfolio users see your question.

Hello Rick,
You can learn how to create your hierarchy here. I hope you find the docs useful.

Cheers, 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

137 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you