The video says "it is possible to create unlimited levels of hierarchy..." e.g. initiatives.

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Video tutorials

The video says "it is possible to create unlimited levels of hierarchy..." e.g. initiatives.

Our team wants to be able to define the following structure. Can you tell me how to maximize the use of Portfolio to support this?

Initiative is made up of Requirements. Requirements are made up of 0 or more sub-requirements, of infinite levels. Sub-requirements are implemented by stories, tasks, sub-tasks. So as an example

Initiative A

Req 1

Req 1.1. -> Story -> Subtasks

Req 1.2

Req 1.2.1 -> Story -> Subtasks

etc.

Requirements could go down infinite, but we could limit to say 10 levels. 

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Rick,

I've added the jira-portfolio and portfolio tags to make sure the portfolio users see your question.

Vasiliy Zverev Community Champion Jan 31, 2017

Hello Rick,
You can learn how to create your hierarchy here. I hope you find the docs useful.

Cheers, 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

40 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you