The video says "it is possible to create unlimited levels of hierarchy..." e.g. initiatives.

Rick Barlow January 30, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Video tutorials

The video says "it is possible to create unlimited levels of hierarchy..." e.g. initiatives.

Our team wants to be able to define the following structure. Can you tell me how to maximize the use of Portfolio to support this?

Initiative is made up of Requirements. Requirements are made up of 0 or more sub-requirements, of infinite levels. Sub-requirements are implemented by stories, tasks, sub-tasks. So as an example

Initiative A

Req 1

Req 1.1. -> Story -> Subtasks

Req 1.2

Req 1.2.1 -> Story -> Subtasks

etc.

Requirements could go down infinite, but we could limit to say 10 levels. 

3 answers

0 votes
María
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2017

Hello Rick,
You can learn how to create your hierarchy here. I hope you find the docs useful.

Cheers, 

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2017
0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2017

Hi Rick,

I've added the jira-portfolio and portfolio tags to make sure the portfolio users see your question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events