The "Create Sprint" button is inactive - even after ordering by Rank asc

Stephen Brown March 23, 2016

Hello

My create sprint button is inactive.   The following message comes up when you hover over the button;  "The board must be ordered by Rank in order to add sprint".  So duly updated the dashboard filter (see below) to order by rank, however, the button is still inactive

filter: "project = "project A" AND component = DSFeeds-Oasys order by rank asc "

Please note: My Role within this project is administrator and I have also tried "order by rank" without the 'asc'

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user February 27, 2017

We experienced this issue after upgrading to JIRA 7.2. Our previous custom filter ended:

ORDER BY RANK ASC

which worked fine in previous versions of JIRA. Changing to:

ORDER BY Rank ASC

makes it work in 7.2!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2016

I've done this several times - amend the filter, and forget that I've not actually saved it as the right one.  Could you check that the board configuration displays your corrected JQL?  Also, there should be an option to "order by rank" next to it if the system thinks the rank is missing, so that's worth a try!

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2016

Did you tried default filter" without this component parameter?

project = name-of-project ORDER BY Rank ASC

What will happen if you create a new board for your project?

Suggest an answer