The item is assigned to an invalid sprint.

Erik Hulsbosch June 13, 2016

Using JIRA Portfolio 2.0, I run into an issue with issues being assigned to an invalid sprint (and thus not showing up in the timeline / setting a dynamic release date). I have no idea why this is happening or how to fix it (if I select sprints to auto-calculate they do appear).

4 answers

0 votes
Eugenio Villarreal November 8, 2016

I have the same error.

I created an epic, with 3 stories in it with a couple of sub-tasks... aded them to a new sprint and started the sprint alongside 2 other sprints.

0 votes
Timothy Lux July 26, 2016

We get the same issue.

I have a JIRA story that I added to a sprint after it started. My Portfolio 2.0 plan is based on a board that contains that story. When I view the story in Jira, I see it on my sprint and it looks like all other stories. When I see the story in Portfolio Scope section, it shows the "This item is assigned to an invalid sprint" icon and does not even appear on the list of stories in the current sprint.

0 votes
Gursharan Singh Kainth July 17, 2016

I've just started using Portfolio v2 and am seeing the same when I create a Plan from an Agile Board.

Additionally, in both scenarios of creating from an Agile board or from an Issue Filter

• Releases (Versions) assigned in the JIRA don't show in Portfolio.
  • Assignee on the JIRA does not populate in Portfolio.
  • The sprint the item is assigned to, does not populate in Portfolio.

Finally, I would expect Team(s) to be auto filled from the list of assignees of all the items in scope. This is not the case, teams are always created empty.

0 votes
Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2016
Hi Erik,
This error indicates you're trying to assign an an issue to a sprint that isn't associated with the selected team's board. I’m not able to diagnose how you encountered this particular issue from the information you’ve provided. Could you please clarify how you’re trying to assign the issue to the sprint?
Cheers,

Rhys

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events