The issue you are trying to view does not exist

Rathna March 1, 2016

Hi,
When someone tries to access an issue which was created in JIRA
they get an error that the issue does not exist but an filter on an dashboard shows that the issue exists.

Can someone shed some light.

9 answers

0 votes
Justin Hughes March 12, 2016

We tried re-indexing the project and it didn't work. A full instance re-index (we specially used the background re-index) did the trick. Would that this could be cron'd out or better not an issue at all.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2016

Makes sense - a project re-index runs through existing issues in the project and builds the indices for them.  It doesn't look at deletes or linked stuff like a full reindex does.

I know there's an instinct to reach for a regular re-index, but this is actually a really bad idea.  A broken index is screaming "something is corrupting the index" and you should be fixing that, not plastering over the crack and pretending it's all ok.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2016

An upgrade will re-index as part of the process.

But you can still re-index JIRA - later versions have "re-index in background" and "re-index project" options, but all versions have the option for a full re-index

0 votes
Rathna March 2, 2016

The version we are on is 5.2.11 which I dont believe has that option. But we are soon upgrading to 6.4.12.

0 votes
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2016

Try to run Lock JIRA and rebuild index

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2016

What Nic says makes a lot of sense, so try running a re-index on one of the projects which contains issues that has this behaviour, and see if it fixes the problem.

0 votes
Rathna March 1, 2016

Thank you Nic, I have checked that as well and there is no Issue Security Scheme applied. I have re-indexed the instance just about a day ago.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2016

Being an admin does not mean you bypass the issue security - you need to check what the scheme says.

However, secured issues should not appear in searches, so my instinct is that your index is damaged.  Try re-indexing the project to start with.

0 votes
Rathna March 1, 2016

Thank you for Quick response Boris.

As an system admin I myself cannot access that issue.

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2016

Did you set security level on that issue ? Probably the other user access is denied by the Issue Security Scheme of the project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events