Temporarily disable notifications to team for maintenance?

Colby Hinkson July 10, 2017

I have not seen this addressed since 2012.  Can I enter a "admin mode" that disables notifications to the team while I do bulk updates?  The default sort function does not work within issue filters (subtasks do not natively align with their parent issues) so to override this, we have inplemented a manual numbering system to arrange and reorder tasks, however this spams an update notification each time we adjust any of our numbering.  Can we enter an "admin mode" or something that would allow me to bulk append the summary field with a new ordering value?  Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
zack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2017

You could make a "Maintenance" notification scheme that does not send out Issue Updated notifications, and then temporarily change the notification scheme on the affected projects while you are doing the bulk changes, and then switch back to the proper notification scheme when bulk change are completed.

zack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2017

I agree with you that this would be an interesting capability to be implemented natively. My suggestion is probably more work than it needs to be, and would not scale well in large instances with multiple projects.

Colby Hinkson July 10, 2017

This is a great recomendation though, I am only managing one project currently so this is not too far of a stretch for me to accomplish.  Thanks for the rec! 

zack
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2017

Sweet! If this works for you, could you accept my answer as a solution? Thanks!

Suggest an answer