Table Grid Editor - Can you hide a column if no values are entered?

Peter Milakovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2016

I have a table with columns that are not always used.  Is there a way to hide a column in the grid if no values are entered?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 1, 2016

Hello Peter,

You can hide columns, but not dynamically.  It is either visible or hidden.
Can you elaborate on the use case ?

Francis 

Peter Milakovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2016

I was just trying to conserve space.  The table I've built has a few columns that are not always populated depending on the request type.  Was just curious if there was a 'hide if empty' option to save real estate.  Thanks!

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 3, 2016

OK - it is a good idea.  We do have col.xyz.hidemode which specifies when the column should be showed.   We can add the 'empty' option.

Also - if you have screen estate issues - check the gd.fitcolumns property which might be a help.  

Like Mohan Sundar likes this
Peter Milakovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2016

An empty option would be great!  Thanks!  I have been using the gd.fitcolumns property and it's been very helpful.  I really think this is an exceptional tool.  My company just purchased it, and I'm really looking forward to using it in our production environment.  Thanks for the quick response!

francis
Marketplace Partner
October 3, 2016

Cool - thanks for the nice words.  A review on the marketplace is always welcome smile

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.idalko.jira.plugins.igrid/server/reviews

F.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events