THE "TEST" ISSUE TYPE IS NOT AVAILABLE (only Task, Story, Bug and Epic appear in the drop-down list)

Nikhil Kumar May 15, 2019

After installing Zephyr for JIRA plugin in our Atlassian Cloud instance, we can see the "Tests" menu.

BUT when we select the "Create a Test" option, which take us to the "Create issue" window, THE "TEST" ISSUE TYPE IS NOT AVAILABLE (only Task, Story, Bug and Epic appear in the drop-down list).

What could be happening?

Any guidance will be welcome! Thanks a lot in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2019

@Nikhil Kumar 

If I got it right, you added a "Test" Issue type that you are unable to see under your project?

Best,

Fadoua

Actually I want to create Test cases for my project. So I have installed Zephyr for JIRA plugin. Now I really dont know how to add issue type as "TEST" so that when creating test case, I can choose the option of "Test" from the various issue types. I hope now I am able to make you understand?

Regards

Nikhil Kumar

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2019

@Nikhil Kumar 

Yes you made it clear

To perform the following steps you will need to have JIRA Admin permission:

Cog -> JIRA Settings -> Issues -> Issue Types -> Add Issue Type

Once you add the issue type go:

Issue Type Scheme then select the scheme you want to add your issue type to by clicking on "Edit". Then move the issue type from the right column to the left one. Don't forget to "Save"

You should be able to see your issue type when you click on your project's issue types.

Best,

Fadoua

@Fadoua 

Thanks. I try Implement the steps you mention. And will get back to you incase I face any issue on it.

Thanks

Nikhil Kumar

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events