Syncing JIRA with HP Quality Center

Kristen Viscardi November 30, 2015

We are trying to sync JIRA with HP Quality center, has anyone done this successfully in the past using the synchronizing tool that comes with HPQC ALM version 12.2? We either can't find fields to sync on the JIRA side, such as the Comments field or fields are saying they are read only when they aren't like the Reporter field.

Thanks!

10 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
RobertH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2015

Go2Group has a connector for this called ConnectALL.  I recently had a demo and was thoroughly impressed by the product.  

Kristen Viscardi December 1, 2015

no thank you, we went down that road and were not satisfied with the results. We are only authorized to use what I mentioned above.

Rodolfo May 11, 2017

Hi Kristen, which answer is the correct one for this question?  It seems odd to me that you made a comment saying that Go2Group ConnectALL is not what you're looking for, but it's been selected as the right answer.

We're trying to implement something similar with our client and would like to know which direction to take.

sanjeev_magoo November 22, 2017

I have implemented JIRA ALM Sync for one of our customers and works like a charm !!! The only bottleneck we faced was that the links between JIRA issues were not synced in ALM. Rest all good....

sarath medisetty January 15, 2019

can tell us the process or method you used for the same

Sandstorm@83 June 14, 2019
  • please can someone tell me the step by step process of integration of jira and ALM. This is very very critical for my project.

Thanks

0 votes
Salvador Fernandes January 7, 2019

@Kristen ViscardiPlease let me know if you were successfully able to implement the ALM Sync with Jira. What are the challenges etc. Just wanted to make sure I have all my ducks in the row before I even go down the path of implementation Thanks.

Kristen Viscardi January 7, 2019

We ended up sticking with Go2Group's ConnectAll. The newer versions are much better than what we were working with in 2015. 

Salvador Fernandes January 7, 2019

Thanks for getting back to me, You mean the newer version of ALM are better at the moment.

Richa Kashyap January 8, 2019

Hi Salvador, 

I see you are considering integrating Jira and HP ALM.  You can try using OpsHub Integration Manager for this integration. OpsHub Integration Manager integrates JIRA and HP ALM bidirectionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. You can read about the Jira - HP ALM integration using OpsHub by going here. If you have a specific use case or query, you can respond on this thread.

Thank you,

Richa 

Like Alex Gallegos likes this
Pedro Santangelo Calvo January 21, 2019

@Kristen

What ver. are you using of ConnectAll?

Did you make the integration by yourself with ConnectAll? 

How's the performance?

How long did it take to get the integration up and running? 

Have you found issues related  ConnectAll? 

Is it easy to maintain?

Sorry for so many questions ;)

Thanks 

Kristen Viscardi January 22, 2019

What ver. are you using of ConnectAll? Don't remember. I have since moved away from managing these tools and don't have access to them anymore.

Did you make the integration by yourself with ConnectAll? Yes

How's the performance? Performance is great once everything is set up and initial sync is performed.

How long did it take to get the integration up and running? 2 days.

Have you found issues related ConnectAll? We have a problem with user names that are different in JIRA than in HP. So we correct those as we go.

Is it easy to maintain? We find it fairly easy to maintain. 

0 votes
Jennifer Zou May 10, 2017

I want to sync JIRA with Sharepoint... Any progress on this answer?

Rodolfo May 11, 2017

Hi Jennifer, maybe you could open another question specific for JIRA/Sharepoint connectivity? This question is related to ALM HPQC only.

Like Dario B likes this
0 votes
JIRA_USER March 15, 2017

ALM HP Sync is NOT the best version to sync ALM and JIRA.

Use HP ALM Sync 12.50 SP1.

I recently, used it and worked as expected after the the updated JIRA-adpater Jar fiel was given by HP support team. This means 12.50 jira-adpater jar fiel which comes with the box has known issue. So you would nee dto ask for the updated jira-adpater jar file with HP. Other than that 12.50 sp1 is able to sync Comment fo ALM with the Comment (System field) of JIRA, though Comment field in JIRA is NOT in Create Screen.

Now, if you are seeing fields either "R" or NOT seeing System/Custom fields of JIRA in Sync, you would need to add them in CREATE Screen.

Supriya Jha March 13, 2019

Hi! How do I go about achieving what you described? Is HP ALM Sync a feature in HP ALM or an add-in that you paid for?

0 votes
Majken Connor August 18, 2016

Forgot I had posted here. We figured out that it mattered who created the fields. For example, when you set up JIRA there is an original admin account. Accounts created by that account were able to make fields that were set as RW. Accounts created by those accounts created fields set as R. However, the client connected Active Directory and after that there was no problem with the fields, all admin accounts could create RW fields just fine.

Not sure what the problem actually was, or what resolved it, but if you're seeing this problem and the fields are on the screens, it's worth trying to create a field with the original admin account and see how that behaves. 

0 votes
Nicholas Saayman August 18, 2016

Hi

I encountered the same issue where custom fields are were all R. I had to add the fields to the Sceen for the Issue Type I was syncing. After that it appeared as RW in HP ALM Sync.

Hope this helps 

0 votes
Jonathan Wadin July 10, 2016

Hello,

some news about this topic ? 

I'm trying to do the same,

Thank you,

0 votes
Majken Connor April 25, 2016

Did you find out what the issue was? Helping a client and we're seeing something similar. Built-in fields are RW but custom fields are all showing as R.

0 votes
Kristen Viscardi December 1, 2015

We are not interested in ConnectALL, we tried it and were not impressed. We are using the ALM sync that came with HP Quality center.

Supriya Jha March 13, 2019

Hi Kristen,

Did you finally achieve desired results? I am looking to help my client with the same.

0 votes
Brett Taylor December 1, 2015

Thank you for the support!

You can see videos of ConnectALL integrating with QC/ALM, Microsoft TFS, DOORS and the rest of the IBM RUP products, Rally, ServiceNow, salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Project, Perforce, etc., even JIRA to JIRA and JIRA to JIRA Cloud at http://www.go2group.net/display/ConnectAllDocs/Demos

These videos on this page are a bit old, but shows the basics of ConnectALL integrating a few of these products.

If you would like a live demonstration, please email us at products@go2group.com

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question