Switch on WYSIWYG editor in JIRA Core 7.2

Leos Junek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2016

Hello,

according to release notes of JIRA Core 7.2 there should be WYSIWYG editor present in JIRA by default. After upgrading my JIRA from 7.1.8 to 7.2.2 I still cannot see the two tabs Text and Visual mentioned in the release notes. Rich Text Editor for JIRA is enabled in Manage Add-ons menu. I can still see a blue rectangle with white lines which serves for showing preview. But I cannot see proclaimed tabs that allow users to switch between wiki-style formatted text and properly formatted text.

I do appreciate any advice.

Leoš

==

Here is my settings of Rich Text Editor for JIRA

RTE.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Leos Junek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2016

I got it! 

Admin menu ("g g" as keyboard shortcut) > General Configuration > (in the menu on the left) Rich Text Editor > switch feature on with switch button.

1 vote
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2016

I think you also need to set the field to be using the wiki rendering to get that option for a field. You don't mention where you expect to see it, but if you check what field you want it on, goto the project administration for the project ion question, goto the field configuration (where you can also set if a field is required), you will see a render link which allows you to switch it. Not 100% that we are on the same page, so if not please elaborate.

Leos Junek
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2016

Hello Jonas, thanks for your answer.

I would like to enable rich text rendering at least in Description field. The field Description's renderer is Wiki style renderer. It was before upgrade and it was after it.

Here are screenshots.

Description.PNGfield_config.PNG

Deleted user October 18, 2016

I am experiencing the same thing. @Leos Junek, did you find a fix for this?

Line Hansen January 2, 2017

I had the same problem but did as Jonas suggested and it did the trick. smile

Suggest an answer