Supress Edit Button

Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2016

Guys and Girls,

I need to suppress the Edit button (top left) on JIRA for non admin users.

How can I do that?

Thanks!

3 answers

2 votes
paulo_miguel February 3, 2016

Hello Bruna smile

Glad to see you again!

To suppress or hide the edit button from a non admin user you must take a look on the Project Roles permissions scheme and on the groups you designed to have permission for "edit issues" on the projects permissions.

To be more specific, Open your Cog Menu on the top right of your screen, click on projects > select the project you want to configure the permissions scheme and hide the edit button > on the left hand menu click on Permissions > Click on "Actions" and "Edit Permissions" > scroll down your screen until you find the permission "Edit Issues", on the right side of the screen click on "Edit" and add or remove what project role or group you want to have permission for this feature on JIRA.

Also you can take a look on our documentation regarding Project's permissions:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAcloud/Managing+Project+Permissions

Feel free to come back if you have any further questions, I'll be glad to help you.

Paulo Miguel

Atlassian Support | Cloud

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2016

That's all handled in the Permission Scheme for that particular project.

You simply have to set the Admin project role (or jira-admin group, but I rather think using only project roles for permissions is better) as the only users who can Edit Issues.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/managing-project-permissions-185729636.html

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2016

The "Edit" button will only appear if you have the correct permissions to do so based on your JIRA Project Permission Scheme. So you will have to check on what roles/groups/users are included in the "Edit Issues" permission and remove/add what you want smile

Suggest an answer